Saturday 5 November 2011

OUGD403: PROVERBALLY YOURS//MESSAGE AND INTERPRETATION

Laughter Quotes:
-A day without laughter is a day wasted.
Charlie Chaplin
-Hearty laughter is a good way to jog internally without having to go outdoors.
Norman Cousins

-At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.  
Jean Houston
-The most wasted of all days is that in which we have not laughed.  
~Nicolas Chamfort, translated from French
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.  -Irish Proverb
-A good time to laugh is any time you can.  
-Linda Ellerbee


My first idea for the combined image and text poster was to either have a bottle of medicine and on the label having the proverb instead of a per-scripted type of medication: visually, I liked the look of old fashioned medicine bottles:
I also looked at different style fonts that I could use to have on the label of my bottle:
In the end i decided I liked the look of this font the best:


Another idea that I don't like as much is play on something to do with 'happy pills' or have a bottle of pills spilling out over the page with the each letter of the proverb dotted on each individual pill.

Just a few visuals to help with ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment