Wednesday 9 May 2012

OUGD401//THEORY INTO PRACTICE//DIET CRIT

D-DESCRIBE-LITERAL
I-INTERPRET-WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
E-EVALUATE-HOW GOOD IS IT?
T-THEORISING-DOES IT SOLVE THE PROBLEM?HOW?
D
Create a small book, the book will include information on Modernism and 5 Graphic designers/companies, from past and present, that were part of the movement or took influence from the style.  The book will be designed in a modernist style, some pages in particular taking strong design elements from the particular companies in the book.  The book will look at the designers and explore the works of them.
I
The booklet will give information on Modernism in general and look specifically at the five companies to give the reader more of an insight into the movement by showing examples.  A small part of the publication will include the 5 companies/designers manifestos and a look into the historical context and as to why they may of wrote the manifestos.  The manifesto aspect has become a significantly smaller part of the publication due to struggling to find some kind of theory behind it, I felt like looking at modernism allowed me to focus more on a theory based project.
E
I think providing that it works out the way I have imagined it could be quite an interesting book of case studies on certain graphic design companies and looking at the movement that they were apart of or take influence on, along with the aspect of the manifestos, where I could play around with designing them in a particular modernist way as my focus point has moved on from the content of the manifestos itself.
T
I think it solves the problem, we were asked to turn theory into practice, Ive researched the topics I need to make my book and chose two topics from the context of practice module (modernism and manifestos) focusing on one more than the other.  It shows Ive learnt about both the topics and one in more depth.  It shows historical context and puts my theory into practice by designing the publication in a modernist style.

No comments:

Post a Comment