Monday 15 April 2013

CONTEXT OF PRACTICE//PUBLICATION IDEAS//OUGD501

CONTEXT OF PRACTICE PUBLICATION IDEAS:

The content of my essay was mostly based on The Gaze and the comparison from past to present.  Whilst writing the essay I briefly touched on the concept of voyeurism which is the small part of the essay I want to take forward and create my publication around.  I found this topic to be interesting and wanted to explore it in more depth as I only touched on it when looking at The Gaze.  I want to create something photography based and I thought voyeurism would be an interesting approach to take as I could explore different photography techniques and some good photos to gather for the visuals of my publication.

I decided to look at the meaning of voyeurism in more detail to get a better understanding  of it and to generate some initial ideas and starting points for my publication:

DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS:
voy·eur  (voi-yûr)
n.
1. A person who derives sexual gratification from observing the naked bodies or sexual acts of others, especially from a secret vantage point.
2. An obsessive observer of sordid or sensational subjects.
voy·eurism n.
voyeur·istic adj.
voyeur·isti·cal·ly adv.

vo·yeur·ism
noun
the practice of obtaining sexual gratification by looking at sexual objects or acts, especially secretively.


No comments:

Post a Comment