Thursday 2 May 2013

CONTEXT OF PRACTICE//PUBLICATION//IDEA SUMMARY AND PROGRESSION//OUGD501

PROGRESS SO FAR // CONSIDERING CRIT FEEDBACK.
After receiving the crit feedback and taking into account all the comments made I decided to reevaluate my main idea and concept and see how I could give my publication some purpose.

CRIT FEEDBACK:
I was left feeling really stuck after the crit because my original idea didn't show the theory side and the point of the publication had got a little lost with all the research and then heavy emphasis on my own photography.  After the crit I was left with the question of 'why?' what was the real point of the publication and where was the theory element to the project?  I had tried to imitate an aspect of voyeurism through photography, not being as successful as I would of hoped, but apart from that there wasn't much substance to the entire project.  I need to know go away and think about how I can transform what I already have into something that has more purpose.


I started looking again at a modern day interpretation of voyeurism and came across the concept of DIGITAL VOYEURISM which I am now going to explore further and see what research I can find from this. I feel like this could point me in the right direction as I feel a bit lost in terms of my original idea and I wanted to focus on the modern concept of voyeurism rather than the 'sexual' definition.  I feel digital voyeurism could open new design suggestions and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment