Friday 3 January 2014

COP3//EMAILING CONTACTS FOR PRIMARY RESEARCH//OUGD601

PRIMARY RESEARCH EMAILS:

CONTACTING THE TRANSPORT FOR LONDON SHOP
As part of my final chapter on London Underground design merchandise I needed to find out the amount of income the shop takes annually to feed into one of the points I was trying to make.  I thought the best way to do this was to email the sop directly after trying through the information enquiry desk.  This is the email I put together:



Hi, 
My name is Kathryn Brooks and I am currently in my final year studying BA Hons Graphic Design. For my dissertation I am looking at how the design has contributed to the success of the London Underground. I was wondering if it was possible for you to give me some statistics on how much money the museum shop makes on the Undergrounds official merchandise annually and what percentage of that is attributable to tourism. Any information that you think would be relevant to showing the contribution of design to the success of the company would also be much appreciated. 
If anyone is willing to have a short meeting with me to discuss this topic that would be extremely helpful. Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you so much,
Kathryn
VISITING THE MUSEUM SHOP:
After not hearing back from the shop for three weeks I visited the shop museum in covent garden to see if I could speak to anyone about the information I required.  The head of the shop had a discussion with me but unfortunately couldn't tell me the statistics I needed to know as the information was confidential, however he passed on an email address with any questions that I could ask about the merchandise that didn't include any information about stats and figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment