Thursday 9 January 2014

COP3//EMAILING EXHIBITION SPACE FOR PRACTICAL//OUGD601

EMAILING EXHIBITION SPACES:
As the William Morris Gallery space was unavailable for me to hire to put on an exhibition I emailed another potential space based in London that I thought could work well:


Dear Jane

I am in my final year of a BA in Graphic Design and I am looking for a venue for an exhibition for one of the projects I have been working on.

I would like to hire a room sometime between june-august and am enquiring as to whether you have any rooms that would be suitable and what the cost would be.

My exhibition is based on the design of the London Underground and I believe the Unison Centre would be an ideal venue as I understand that your building has won design awards. My exhibition explores the values and significance of Frank Pick who, heavily influenced by William Morris, believed that the underground system should not only transport workers to and from their places of work, but should also be a place of beauty through design for ordinary people.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Kathryn Brooks

REPLY:
Dear Kathryn 
We are delighted that you have chosen the Unison Centre as a possible venue for your exhibition. 
As Britain’s largest public service trade union, we are happy to support events such as yours which celebrates a public service.  Our building is a redevelopment of the  listed Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital.  The hospital interior has been preserved where possible and itself houses a museum on the history of the building and its founder Elizabeth Garrett Anderson.  The hospital was a women’s hospital run by women for women.  The old hospital building is joined to a newly built office tower and the two buildings are linked by a bright and spacious atrium.
The building is fully accessible and we can offer a variety of rooms for your exhibition depending on the size.  In addition, you can hire additional equipment eg. Laptop, projector etc.  Access to the museum can also be arranged with prior arrangement.
Our room charges range from £100 - £500 depending on the size you require, we can accommodate groups of people from 20 to 120.
I am happy to talk to you about the details of your enquiry if you would like to call me on 079******* or if you would prefer to have a look at the rooms in person please let me know when you would be convenient and we can make an appointment.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch. 
Best wishes
Jane Ellis
Senior Accommodation Officer 
UNISON Centre
140 Euston Road
London
NW1 2AY

No comments:

Post a Comment