Sunday 12 January 2014

COP3//PRACTICAL PRIMARY RESEARCH//PHOTOGRAPHY//OUGD601

PRACTICAL PRIMARY RESEARCH// PHOTOGRAPHING TUBE DESIGN
I decided to research into the stations on the tube with designs that could be used as part of the design for the promotional work of my exhibition.  Specifically, I was looking at station tiling and signage which I could then incorporate in the posters/exhibition signage design.  I thought this was also appropriate because it shows some design change and journey as each station and line will differ in terms of design style and the date in which the design was created/station was built.

These were the stations I visited:
  • walthamstow central
  • embankment 
  • holborn 
  • covent garden
  • holloway road
  • caledonian road
  • russell square
  • charing cross
  • piccadilly circus
Although some of these station designs were done by Leslie Green and not Charles Holden (the architect Pick commissioned) I still thought it was relevant to showcase in the exhibition as it shows a journey of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment