Monday 6 January 2014

COP3//PRIMARY RESEARCH//CONTACTING DAVID AIREY//OUGD601

CONTACTING DESIGNER DAVID AIREY
As I hadn't had much luck with contacting anyone from TFL I thought it would be good to try and get an opinion of a designer.  I thought David Airey would be perfect as he has written a book on the importance of logo design, which I found very helpful when putting together my case study about the London Underground logo, the roundel.


MY EMAIL:
Hi David,

I was hoping you could spare a couple of sentences on  your thoughts about the importance of logo design.  I know you have a book which I have looked at but it would really help with primary sources.

Do you have an opinion on whether you think the London Underground roundel is a successful logo? and if so could you spare any thoughts on this.

Thank you so much,
Kathryn 

DAVIDS REPLY:
Hi Kathryn,

You're more than welcome to quote me from below if you think it'll help.
---

The London Underground logo is one of the most successful designs of all time. If you look back at many old photos of London the "bar and circle" is one consistent feature.

It has evolved in terms of colour and presentation, but it's still instantly recognisable and much-admired.
---
All the very best with your dissertation.
David

No comments:

Post a Comment