Friday 3 January 2014

COP3:PRIMARY RESEARCH//INTERVIEW WITH SENIOR DESIGNER ADAM HARRIS//OUGD601

PRIMARY RESEARCH// INTERVIEW WITH ADAM HARRIS, SENIOR DESIGNER FOR CBRE
So far in terms of gathering some really vital primary research after attempting some emails and surveys I wanted to get some information more specifically on the importance of design within a company as this was my main point of focus throughout the essay.  I had tried to arrange interview and ask questions via email to people in direct connection with TFL, the transport for london museum and art on the underground, however, I either had no response, was told it was not possible or was directed to accessible secondary research such as websites and books.

I decided to try and take a different approach to the primary research and think of ways I could get some information that could feed into one of my chapters.  As it was hard to try and get hold of someone that worked directly for TFL or within the TFL design department I decided to email a few corporate design companies/designers to see if they could spare their opinions on how vital deign/branding and identity is to a company/organisation and maybe more specifically if they could give their professional opinion on the London Underground roundel and the London 2012 Olympic logo, my two case studies which I plan to use as contrasting case studies to prove the importance of design.

Three key questions, areas I wanted to talk about 
  • as a professional how important is design/branding and identity to a company
  • what is your opinion on the roundel
  • what is your opinion on the London 2012 olympic logo 
After exchanging a few short emails CBRE agreed to have a quick interview with me as it would help further my research and would also be quicker for one of the designers to talk casually rather than write detailed emails.  As I only had twenty minutes the questions had to be short, however I felt this was long enough and I didn't have to ask too much as Adam addressed the questions perfectly and I found the points to be really useful and would be easily relevant to using in my contrasting case studies.

INTERVIEW


NOTES FROM INTERVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment